Family Hui is coming to California – Join us!
Hui (hoo’ee) is a Hawaiian term for a cooperative group working together for a shared purpose. Family Hui’s shared purpose is creating healthy, thriving families and communities.
Our mission is to support, encourage and empower parents/caregivers as they face the bliss and challenges of raising children. We celebrate the joys of parenting while learning to address the stress in healthy ways.
Family Hui …
Supports parents/caregivers through community-based family groups facilitated by trained peer leaders;
Encourages parents and caregivers in an atmosphere of mutual respect to raise their children with loving guidance;
Empowers parents/caregivers by sharing experiences, knowledge, and community resources.
Family Hui builds and expands on the very successful Hawai’i based Baby Hui program, which served Hawai’i’s families for over 30 years. Joan Kreeger, a social worker with the Hawai’i State Department of Health and Lea Ann Mitchell, a member of the Junior League of Honolulu founded the former Baby Hui in 1982. Family Hui updated the program materials, expanded the program to serve families with children 0-5, and incorporated a school readiness component. The program fee is $150. A limited number of need-based scholarships are available.
Family Hui Provides …
- 12-week Positive Parenting groups with trained peer facilitators
- The Family Hui Handbook filled with wisdom and information to support you and your family
- Family resource referrals and materials
- Parenting tips and updates on advances in childhood development
- Parent Education Workshops, including educational lectures by guest speakers (TBA)
- Quarterly parent-child Interactive Play Days at which children learn through peer play and play with parent/caregivers, and parents/caregivers bond with and learn from each other
- An opportunity for you and your child to make friends and create a caring community
Family Hui in Yolo County is starting January 2015. Join us!
Simply fill out the form below and we will contact you about Family Hui in your community.
Family Hui is a program of Lead4Tomorrow, a non-profit 501(c)3 organization empowering leaders today for a better tomorrow. Learn more at: www.lead4tomorrow.org